- IO1: HIPPOTHERAPY curriculum and training modules
- IO2: Mobile training and assessment application
- IO3: Repository of training videos
IO1: HIPPOTHERAPY curriculum and training modules
Because the therapeutic team is made up of people from several fields of activity, the training modules will be developed following 2 separate approaches:
- 1st Approach: people from other fields than the therapeutic intervention (horses, students, assistants) will be addressed, since here is the direct intervention of the horse
- 2nd Approach: the persons specializing in the field (physical therapists, psychotherapists or doctors) and persons who have the competence to intervene directly on the child and are accredited to intervene therapeutically will be addressed
IO2: Mobile training and assessment application (Download on Google Play)
- A mobile app will allow for mobile training, whereby trainees will be able to contribute themselves to the training material with case studies, and use it as training material, as well as share it with other carers and stakeholders.
- Course material be made available as mobile and online (SCORM compliant) learning packages. This will also include checklists so that carers can perform a self-assessment regarding their knowledge, skills and competence acquired during the training under IO1 and IO3.
- The adaptation will address the needs of mobile training:
- concise yet complete
- embedding of significant high-quality images, pictures, videos, etc.
- suitable for smartphones
IO3: Repository of training videos
- The therapeutic training videos will be produced as a supplement to IO1. They will be used as demonstrative tutorials and as a method of transferring knowledge as part of the learning process.
- They will be accommodated at a special section of the mobile app under IO2.
- They are more interactive and specific than a book or a lecture. The videos will teach by example and supply the information to complete a certain task.
- The partnership identified the following major domains into which videos will be developed:
- Postural control and core stability
- Gait training
- Muscle tone and spasticity
- Improved energy expenditure
- Sensory stimulation, including vestibular, somatosensory, and visual sensation
- Improved vocalization
- Better ability to follow directions
- Enhanced quality of life due to increased function